As promised, we are back again today with a few of our favorite, tried and true thirst quenching beverages!
We decided to give one alcoholic concoction, and one "everyone friendly" drink as well.
This first one is made with watermelon, and since Summer is coming to an end, we recommend trying this one out soon while the watermelon is still ripe and delicious!
Watermelon Lemonade Slushy
serves about 6
- 4 cups watermelon, pureed and strained
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 2/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup cold water
*For an adult version, leave out the water and add 4 oz. each
of vodka and limoncello
- Puree watermelon in a blender. Strain though a mesh strainer.(You can skip this step if you want, but it will be harder to sip through a straw of it's not strained)
- After it's been strained, in a blender on medium speed, blend together watermelon juice, ice lemonade concentrate and water until ice breaks down.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
makes 8 cups
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle white wine
- 1 cup peach schnapps
- 1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 1 cup green or red grapes, whole or sliced (we think you get more flavor from them if they are sliced!)
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours. (we prefer to make it the night before to give the fruits a chance to really get all their flavor out!)
- Stir before serving!