Friday, July 30, 2010
A couple of weeks ago, we started to address one of the most asked customer questions in Hemline: "I have a wedding coming up. What do I wear?" Well, last time we told you what would be best to wear to a garden party wedding. This week, we're going to help guide you along a black tie summer wedding... or a black tie event!
Summer is HOT. Duh. And when it's hot, the last thing you want to put on is a full length ball gown emblished to the nines. Ehhhh. Can't you just imagine sweating your way through the champagne? We can, and we don't like it.
Instead, we imagine ourselves getting down on the dance floor of said black tie affair in this ultra-classy Bianca Nero dress. While not floor length, this dress definitely makes the black tie cut thanks to its fitted bodice, detailed waistline, and the rich color of the ruched skirt. That emerald green is divine!
Paired with a sexy pair of black stilettos and lovely diamond earrings, you'll be the classiest (and coolest- temperature wise) of everyone in sight! Have fun!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Julia is especially diggin' the silver studs running along the front, up the shoulders, and down the back. And those tough girl studs are perfectly paired with the swingy, fun fringe detailing making this sheath dress anything but ordinary. And let's talk about that color! The perfect lavender gray of this dress makes it seasonless. Where it now with funky silver pumps and big earrings or wear it this winter with black tights and an oversize sweater!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Are you a new friend of ours on Facebook? If so, stop by Hemline on the Country Club Plaza to pick up your free pair of earrings as a thank you for being such loyal fans! Tell your friends to join our page and they too can walk away with free earrings!
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Kate Hudson isn't the only one who is diggin' the fringe bag trend that is sweeping the summer... we are, too!!! And that's way more important anyway, right??? That's what we thought. That's why we're crazy excited to tell you this bag is on its way to Hemline as we speak!
We're obsessed with the easy luxury this bag exudes... the gold detailing, the mustard yellow, its unstructured look. We love it all! But what if this bag isn't your exact cup of tea??? That's alright! We just received a huge shipment of other great Melie Bianco bags, and we can't wait to show you the pics!
Stay tuned for more soon!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Yes, we know Pretty in Purple is not exactly the title of the movie, but we liked it just the same. And why not?! It's completely true! Just look at how gorgeous this heavenly hue is! Whether the darkest plum or the softest lavender, purple is in! It's no wonder purple is known as the color of royalty... just a splash of purple in your ensemble and you're sure to look the part of a princess.
1. Plenty by Tracy Reese. D.V. F. swears the leopard print is timeless, and while we're not completely sold on that notion yet, we couldn't love this reinterpretation of leopard print more!
2. Karlie. We hate to keep harking the royal characteristics of the shade in question, but this top is definitely royal! The one-shoulder ruching is reminiscent of a Greek goddess's dress and that's exactly how you'll feel once you slip on this breezy little number.
3. Free People. Easy, breezy, beautiful... Hemline girl? I guess we're really stuck on jingles today. Anyway, that's pretty much how we felt about this Free People top. It's so light! It's so fresh! Can't you just imagine throwing on this loose top and and then gallivanting through the park? Oh... you have to work?
Well, after you get off of work, you should stop by Hemline because starting today, each of these tops is 25% off... AT LEAST! Stop by soon for the best deals!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Maggie is loving this dress for many a reason. First, its simple shape is flattering on all sorts of body types. Have a large chest? No problem! This dress provides plenty of coverage while still allowing your sexy shape to shine through. A bit boy-shaped? This dress will cinch your waist and create the illusion of to-die-for curves.
This dress is definitely a must-have in your summer wardrobe! Stop by Hemline today and we'll put together an entire look for you! Shoes, belt, earrings... we have it all!
Friday, July 16, 2010
Yeah, neither are we. In fact, it's hotter than all get out this week, BUT that does mean we can start to fantasize about much cooler temperatures. Not to mention all the lovely fall fashions that are slowly starting to filter into Hemline!
And just recently, we received this super chic shipment of items from Free People! Can't you just imagine sporting any of these loose, lazy tops with skinny jeans and a super-cute pair of boots? Oh why can't it be fall already?!?! Below, are our top four reasons to come into Hemline TODAY to check out these pieces.
1. We're loving the empire waist found on almost all of these shirts. No matter how many drinks you have at a Royals' game this summer or how many cups of hot chocolate you have in bed this winter, no one will be able to tell the difference.
2. All of them could easily double as a unique take on a bathing suit cover-up. We are especially diggin' the idea of leaving that flannel top completely unbuttoned as we stroll down the beach in our bikini.
3. Going to bake cookies for the bake sale? Doing a little gardening? Perfect! The 3/4 sleeves on these tops make it super easy to get down and dirty... no more constantly rolling up your sleeves!
4. The different cuts on these tops make it really easy for all sorts of body types to feel comfortable sporting them. Have awesome toned arms? We're thinking the gray one on the right is just what your stylist ordered.
Need more great reasons to check out these tops? Come and visit us on the Plaza or check out our website!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
We're especially digging the nude coloring (one of summer's hottest trends) along with the brass studs along the straps. Pair them with skinny or wide-leg jeans and a simple white top for an erfect-perfect summer ensemble! Can't you just imagine running around in these while losing track of time??? ... Oh wait, we did!
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Sunday, July 4, 2010
(Karlie, Yahada, French Connection)
What are you wearing in recognition of our nation's birthday???? We're thinking we're going to rock one of these lovely diddies today while we munch on hot dogs, potato salad, and other delicious snacks as fireworks light up the sky... hopefully, the sky better clear up!
We're loving how each of these dresses packs a slightly different punch. The Karlie dress is more than just an easy summer dress because of the intricate neckline. The red Yahada one is not only patriotic because of it's vibrant red color, but the layers at the bottom make it oh-so romantic. Lastly, this French Connection dress is perfect for the not-so-girly girl. It is reminiscent of your boyfriend's shirt making it the perfect, laid back alternative dress for today!
Hope you have a great holiday!
Friday, July 2, 2010
(Free People, Fumblin' Foe, Fumblin' Foe)And we know you've got great gams, too! Don't think she's the only one who can look hot sizz in these to-die-for skirts from Free People and Fumblin' Foe. All it takes is a little confidence, a great pair of shoes, and your legs!
These skirts are probably not your best bet for the office, but slip one on for a cocktail party or a Friday night date with your man and you're good to go! Each looks great paired with a simple black tank and low-key accessories!
Stay tuned for images of our latest Free People shipment!
Check out our shout-out on Fox 4 News!