Thursday, July 28, 2011

Iconic Style

Hello Everyone!
I am Hemline KC's new intern Lauren, and I will be guest blogging for Annie today. Just a brief introduction; I am from Savannah, Georgia where I graduated with a BFA in Fashion Design & Textile Design from the Savannah College of Art and Design. I love anything and everything related to fashion, clothing, accessories and I am so excited to be involved with Hemline. It has only been about 6 weeks but I have already learned so much.
Today I am going to focus on iconic style. We are surrounded by visual images, and so much of what we aspire for ourselves comes from these visual representations of style, class and glamor. Everyone's idea of style is different, but by examining icons of the past, we can sometimes predict the styles of the future.
Here are a few of my favorite style icons. Enjoy, and tell us who some of your favorite style icons are and why.


1. 1960's 'it girl' Edie Sedgwick
2. 2000's 'it girl' Agyness Deyn
3. 1940's Designer Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel
4. Actress Audrey Hepburn
5. Editor Isabella Blow
6. Actress Angelica Huston
7. 1960's Model Penelope Tree
8. Stylest Rachel Zoe

If there's one thing we can learn from these lovely fashionista's, it is: never be afraid to try new things, think outside the box, or go against the norm. The best new ideas and trends come from breaking all the 'rules' and making up your own.

1 comment:

  1. great post! i love how rachel zoe has become so iconic from her role as a stylist!

    xo,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete